This Energy, Work, Simple Machines presentation also includes:
The tension of the 236 strings in a grand piano exert a combined force of 20 tons on the cast iron frame. The presentation includes topics such as work, forms of energy, conservation of energy, gravitational and elastic potential energy, the Work-Energy Theorem, conservation of momentum and energy, power, simple machines, mechanical advantage, and more. It utilizes many applied practice problems.
- Bring in springs and projectiles to help the material come to life
- Requires prior knowledge of applying and solving formulas
- Presentation includes a lot of material that would probably be best presented over multiple days to prevent overwhelming pupils
- Uses color coding to emphasize vocabulary and formulas
- Provides diagrams that are easy to understand