Young historians learn how to analyze various forms of primary source documents. The colorful packet is packed with all you need to engage kids in this essential skill.
1 Collection 322 Views 266 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Sequence the plans throughout the year and feature one primary source type with each unit
- As an introduction to primary sources, assign groups one type of resource to examine
- Prior to a trip to a museum, provide kids with a worksheet to use to record impressions
- The resource is designed to engage kids in the examination of primary source materials and would work best as an introduction to these documents
- The 64-page packet includes a table of contents, photos, oral histories, and other documents, step-by-step plans, a rationale, and differentiated instructions, and worksheets