Is it normal to find a perpendicular line to the tangent line? The short video provides a problem to find the equation of the normal line to a function. Beginning with an explanation of the normal line, the 27th installment in a 31-part series on calculus finds the equation of the tangent line. Using the slope relationships between perpendicular lines, the resource then finds the equation of the normal line.
- Review the relationship between the slopes of perpendicular lines
- Individuals should be comfortable finding the derivative of a function
- Class members need to be able to find the equation of a line given the slope and a point on the line
- Shows the graphic representation of the graph of the function, the tangent line, and the normal line
- Includes closed captioning