This Erosion and Landslides lesson plan also includes:
A professional-quality PowerPoint, which includes links to footage of actual landslides in action, opens this moving lesson. Viewers learn what conditions lead to erosion and land giving way. They simulate landslides with a variety of soil types, then create a public service announcement warning of possible landslide. Assign as a hands-on activity and relate it to actual rainfall data.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Narrative and notes are provided for the presentation slides
- Combination of photos, video, lecture, experimentation, and a creative project makes a multi-faceted lesson
- Supports Next Generation Science Standards and STEM education
- Many links to additional resources are included