This Essential Everyday Bravery unit also includes:
Shakespeare's plays may be old, but they still have relevant lessons for today's world! A collection of lesson plans uses examples from The Merchant of Venice and District Merchants to teach about bravery. In addition to learning literary terms such as aside and inner monologue, readers delve into topics such as bridging cultural gaps and "otherness," highly relevant issues in today's society.
- Write modern versions of the scenes discussed in the unit, making them more diverse and culturally relevant
- Find an informational article on bravery and compare it with one of the excerpts found in the lessons
- Lesson plan contains hyperlinks to video clips of key scenes
- Encourages students to make personal connections to a text
- Provides questions to help teachers reflect on each lesson