This Evaluating the New Departure Strategy in the Fight for Women's Suffrage interactive also includes:
When women demanded their right to vote, did the Constitution already protect it? The New Departure Strategy in the women's suffrage movement made this claim through court hearings. Using documents, such as transcripts from Susan B. Anthony's trial, budding historians consider the effectiveness of this strategy.
- Offer the activity as a capstone to a discussion about women's suffrage
- Use all or part of the document set to build primary source skills
- Class members all need access to an Internet-enabled device to fully take advantage of the resources
- Resource offers flexible use of documents for online instruction
- Questions help build analytical skills
- Lesson doesn't fully articulate what "New Departure Strategy" is and may be difficult for some learners to complete