This Evidence - Do the Facts Hold Up? lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes it's hard to escape bad information! Pupils learn the E.S.C.A.P.E. method for evaluating news sources and complete a worksheet to assess a news article using their new skills.
8 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Extend the lesson by having scholars find additional news stories to evaluate in small groups
- Break the class into six small groups and have each group summarize one letter from E.S.C.A.P.E.
- Make copies of lesson materials in advance
- Select a news story for class members to research
- Includes thought-provoking discussion questions to culminate the lesson
- A colorful poster reinforces key ideas