Explore how cells communicate with a video that features the symbiotic relationship between a bioluminescent bacteria and the bobtail squid. The resource explains quorum sensing in bacteria and how epinephrin is linked to glycogen breakdown in multicellular organisms.
- Research other ways the body uses signal transduction pathways to communicate messages
- Class must have access to a computer, Internet, and a projection system
- Assumes learners understand signal transduction pathways
- Lesson is part 19 in a series of 37
- Shows, very simply, how multicellular organisms and single-celled organisms communicate in a similar way
- Describes steps of signal transduction pathway in an easy-to-follow manner
- Great visuals to help learners understand cell communication