Why Lesson Planet?
Elementary kids read and color the story of Willy Wetsworth, a drop of water, as he describes the journey that he and his friends take to provide fresh water to houses. He tells his story to Martha Merriweather, a little girl, and explains what she can do to help protect Willy and his watery pals.
- K-3: listen to the story, have a discussion, then color the pages to take home and share with their families
- 4-6: Kids read and color the story on their own, then discuss water supply as a whole class. Next, each child makes his own book showing how water moves through the pipes and water cycle
- Differentiated for multiple grade levels
- Reading is engaging and accessible to many levels of readers
- Story includes incorrect punctuation in several places (you could use this as a proofreading exercise with older students)
- Graphics & Images
- Reading Passage