Hosseini Khaled's The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns are the anchor texts in a semester-long course that explores Afghani culture and traditions.
9 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Designed as a semester-long course examine Afghani culture through literature, the materials could be included in a World Literature course, in a social studies unit on Middle Eastern cultures, or part of a study of the events of 9/11
- A protocol must be in place for a safe respectful discussion of culture and literature
- The course presumes class members are familiar with the effects of the Middle Eastern colonial experience
- The three-page resource includes a list of the course goals and suggested activities
- Merely an overview of the course. There are no detailed lessons or activities included