This Exploring Genetics Across the Middle School Science and Math Curricula unit also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
Where is a geneticist's favorite place to swim? A gene pool. Young geneticists complete hands-on activities, experiments, and real-world problem solving throughout the unit. With extra focus on dominant and recessive genes, Punnett squares, and probability, the unit encourages problem solving and reasoning.
- Team teach the unit with science and math instructors
- Challenge learners to come up with a unique way to teach someone else the vocabulary—crossword puzzle, presentation, labeling diagram, etc.
- The ninth science activity lasts for weeks and should be started before any other lessons or activities
- Ten science and nine math lessons align with each other and national standards
- Resource expects prior knowledge of fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Includes vocabulary activities, KWL charts, worksheets, and assessments
- Promotes collaborative learning
- All lessons include follow-up activities and related career connections
- Summative assessment uses forensics to solve a crime