This Exploring Our Growing Need for Water lesson plan also includes:
Pupils explore the amount of water people use in agriculture and for personal use. They compare water usage for various crops to that of raising animals before considering solutions for increased access to safe drinking water worldwide. The two-day instructional activity works as the third in a 10-part series on Fresh Solutions.
- Debate if people should value some crops over others; if so, which factors should be considered (i.e. profit, conservation, nutrition, etc.)
- Be aware of all allergies before selecting the foods to use in the experiment
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous two lessons in the unit
- Links to many additional resources
- Includes discussion questions