This Exploring Statistics lesson plan also includes:
Collect and analyze data to find out something interesting about classmates. Groups devise a statistical question and collect data from their group members. Individuals then create a display of their data and calculate descriptive statistics. Finally, teams make posters displaying their data and associated statistics before the class discusses each of the posters and makes inferences based upon the displays.
- Collect data from the entire class for each group's question
- Lead a discussion on how data representations could be misleading about the data
- The class should be able to calculate basic statistics
- Provides an organizer for the data
- Includes differentiation suggestions