This Explosion of the Maine lesson plan also includes:
An intriguing lesson features newspaper articles to help academics understand the political impact of the sinking the Maine and how the American media depicted the event. Scholars also view a presentation, participate in group discussion, and complete graphic organizers to strengthen their understanding of why many Americans placed blame on Spain.
- Have scholars conduct additional research on the history of Cuba
- Compare and contrast the explosion of the Maine to the Cuban Missile Crisis
- A free Stanford History Education Group account may be required to access the materials
- The lesson plan provides questions to help educators guide group discussions
- Resource includes additional activities to extend the lesson if time allows