The rules still hold. By reviewing the meaning of exponents in arithmetic, the video takes a look at exponents in algebra. The resource develops the meaning of any number raised to the zero power. Taking the idea of exponents further, the presentation shows how to solve one-step equations involving powers and roots.
- Review roots and powers of numerical expressions
- Provide practice problems for the class to complete
- Individuals should know about finding both even roots of positive numbers
- Uses colors to highlight operation symbols
- Promotes the idea that learning math requires practice