This Express Yourself Lesson Seed 12: Story Event activity & project also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Focus on plot and the impact-specific events in The Cay. Class members use their double-entry journals, created in a previous lesson in this series, to record their thinking about the guiding question as they read chapters 15 through 17. After they consider the plot of the story, send learners off to write an obituary for Timothy. A graphic organizer for collecting evidence is provided, as are ideas for differentiation.
- Provides many differentiation options for making the lesson accessible for all
- Writing prompt and related graphic organizer are provided
- The word draft is printed through each page; you will need to type up your own materials or transfer the text and charts to another document
- While this lesson seed is full of ideas, it is designed to be filled out with more details and material