This Extraction of Copper interactive also includes:
Is copper found as a raw material? Science sleuths manipulate the reactants and products found in the copper extraction process in a series of fun puzzles. The interactive engages learners in pairing formulas with their names while using reasoning skills.
- Use the activity in a lesson plan focused on the methods used for extracting copper from ore
- Have the class practice writing and balancing the chemical equations that are part of the copper refining process
- Students need to be familiar with writing and naming compounds using the Stock system of nomenclature
- Activity makes a great addition to a focused study on the copper extraction process
- The teacher's guide includes the puzzles in print form, as well as helpful tips for executing the activity