Fibonacci is an interesting sequence that forms some unique patterns. Learners explore sequences that do not have the typical arithmetic and geometric patterns. They identify the pattern and find the next consecutive terms. Addtitionally, they have the opportunity to match a quadratic pattern to the function it represents.
- Use the Fibonacci sequence as an opener, and ask individuals to find the pattern
- Give groups a list of sequences and have them determine the pattern and next five terms
- Builds directly from the first lesson in a 20-part series
- Includes varying difficulties of sequences, allowing for scaffolding or differentiation
- Provides a set of practice problems modeled after the lesson