This Filtration Investigation activity & project also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Scholars build a simple filtration system to remove impurities from muddy water and rate the filtered water to a grade of clarity scale. The focus is on teamwork and problem solving. This instructional activity would be effective in your STEM curriculum or as a instructional activity in water quality with your earth science class. Consider having older learners research water quality issues in other countries as a way to extend this into social studies.
- Opens the door for discussing clean water problems and possible solutions for third world countries
- Promotes collaboration and critical thinking
- Can be used to meet Next Generation Science Standards in engineering
- Lab sheets are organized, informative, and pleasing to the eye