Use the knowledge of multiplying fractions to find a percent of a number. The video builds the process to find the percent of a number by recalling that the word of in fraction problems meant to multiply. Finding the percent of a number is as simple as multiplying the number by either the decimal or fractional form of the percent, as the resource points out.
- Lead a discussion on when it makes more sense to use the decimal or fractional form of the percent
- The class should know how to multiply fractions and decimals
- Individuals need to understand the decimal and fractional forms of percents
- Shows how to use a calculator to perform the calculation
- Encourages pupils to practice to get better at solving math problems