This Finding Parallelogram Vertices activity & project also includes:
Four is the perfect number—if you're talking about parallelograms. Scholars determine a possible fourth vertex of a parallelogram in the coordinate plane given the coordinates of three vertices. They read a conversation between classmates and discuss provided reasoning.
- Use the resource as an exploratory challenge during a lesson on parallelograms
- Pupils must have experience with parallelograms
- Graph paper may be useful in finding solutions
- Provides discussion questions to use with pupils
- Describes evidence of mathematical practices that instructors should look for in student work