An informative resource shares background information on the importance of protecting religious freedom. Individuals learn how some American colonies forced religion upon people, giving rise to the desire to worship freely without government involvement. The video also discusses the reasons for separating church and state.
- Have learners create real-life examples of the separation of church and state
- Compare and contrast the freedom of religion to other religious polices around the world
- Resource is part of the extensive Constitutional Hall Pass Series
- Provides a good background on how the First Amendment protects freedom of religion
- The resource uses Supreme Court cases to provide real-life examples