This Floor Pattern assessment also includes:
You'll never look at floor tiles the same again. An assessment task prompts learners to investigate relationships between patterns involving squares and kites to determine angle measurements. They then prove whether a given quadrilateral is a parallelogram.
- Repurpose the task as an in-class activity
- Learners need to have experience with properties of different types of quadrilaterals
- Suggest placing the patterns that scholars need to compare on the same page
- Easily decipherable diagrams make the task clear and easy to understand
- Simple context, but with complex solutions
- The entire first diagram is unnecessary