Fossils—not just intriguing, but helpful too! Scientists use the fossil record to support ideas throughout history. The video highlights some of the incorrect ideas that came from the fossil record. From cyclopes and griffins to enchanted snake stones, viewers learn the reasoning behind each myth.
- Show pictures of a few fossils that pupils won't recognize and have them hypothesize a story
- Pick one myth mentioned in the video and map the areas with a similar myth and compare it to the fossil record for those areas
- Relies on prior knowledge of fossils
- Connects science, history, and writing
- Includes closed captioning in English for the hearing impaired