This Fossils: Rocking the Earth video also includes:
Scientists learn about animals and plants living today by understanding the fossil record. A helpful resource includes a brief explanation of the process to help scholars complete the online game. It also mentions the gaps in knowledge this record can't fill in; what do your scholars think happened?
- Discuss transitional organisms in greater detail
- Download or stream the video if needed
- Relies on prior knowledge of fossils, fossil dating, and evolution
- Requires very little class time
- Stands alone or supports the larger unit