This Founding Documents lesson plan also includes:
Teach the class about the predecessor to Declaration of Independence—the Virginia Declaration of Rights. Using the foundational documents, scholars examine the two writings to consider how they are similar and how they are different. A PowerPoint that includes discussion questions guides class members through their quest.
- Ask pupils to compare founding documents using prompts
- Extend learning by including other founding documents in the discussion and activities
- Language of the documents may be difficult for younger students
- PowerPoint is well done, with images and discussion prompts
- Lesson builds analytical skills using primary sources
- Not all the links work, but documents are easily available