Need a unit to teach fractions to fourth graders? Look no further than this well-developed and thorough set of lessons that takes teachers through all steps of planning, implementing, and assessing their lessons. Divided into eight topics, all 41 lessons follow the same pattern, which includes a clear objective, suggested activity structure, fluency practice, application problem, concept development, problem set, student debrief, and exit ticket. A strong approach to any subject and an asset to your math curriculum.
- Use lessons and worksheets as auxiliary parts to your existing unit on fractions, or build your unit around the activities featured in the resource
- A great resource for student teachers as it addresses all necessary elements of the learning process, including formative assessment and scaffolding
- Designed for 45 instructional days
- Contains over 500 pages of lesson plans, rationale for instruction, and all printables and assessments
- Comes with suggestions for distribution of instructional minutes, as well as in-depth explanation for procedural and assessment steps
- Designed to be fully aligned with several key Common Core standards
- Provides a list of necessary terminology and materials