This Friends: Texting Story lesson plan also includes:
Sometimes it's okay to text in school. Young computer scientists work in the Scratch program to write a text message conversation among friends. They use different sprites within the program to represent each side of the conversation to complete the fifth of eight activities in the Google CS First Friends series.
- Allow participants to choose their own topics of conversation
- Note that the lesson may take more than 60 minutes depending on the coding experience of learners
- Pupils should be familiar with some of the coding blocks from previous lessons
- Includes possible discussion questions and scripts
- Provides video tutorials that explain the process