This From Gene to Protein via Transcription and Translation lesson plan also includes:
DNA carries the codes for creating just the right protein. A well-designed lesson leads pupils through the process from start to finish and everywhere in between. Guiding questions with supporting video help scholars understand the process of transcription and translation. They then explore how different traits occur.
- Use as a hands-on introduction to transcription and translation
- It is important for learners to have a solid understanding of the structure and function of proteins prior to the activity
- If using the video support, pupils need laptops with Internet access
- Offers different options to differentiate within the lesson
- Provides resources in an editable format to allow for customization