While Benito Mussolini made his mark as the Italian fascist dictator during World War II, his experiences during the Great War formed his beliefs. An informative video traces the complex narrative, covering Mussolini's early life, his foundations in socialism, and his post-war rise to power.
- Ask learners to consider the influence Mussolini's experiences had on his politics after viewing the video
- Offer video as research on key figures during World War I
- Part of a World War I video biography series
- Video presumes some background knowledge of Italy's involvement of the war, socialism, and fascism
- The video situates Mussolini in a larger context in Italian politics
- Quotes from and photographs of Mussolini are intriguing for young scholars