This Function Rationally lesson plan also includes:
Now you can introduce rational functions using ... spaghetti. Scholars begin to learn about rational functions. After collecting data using an experiment on the amount of mass that different lengths of spaghetti can support, they write rational functions to model the data.
- Use the resource at the very beginning of a unit on rational functions
- Activity requires various materials; see complete list in the resource
- Instructors may need to set up a free account at DESMOS
- Provides a PowerPoint presentation for use in the classroom
- Lists detailed steps to conduct the activity