This Functional Groups interactive also includes:
Looking for a highly functional tool to teach young chemists functional groups? Engage the class with a series of logic-based games. Users identify 12 different functional groups by name and formula to work their way through challenging puzzles.
- Use the resource to help young chemists associate organic structures with their names
- Have modeling kits available as the class works so they can build the functional groups
- Students should have a basic understanding of organic principles before beginning the interactive
- Make sure the class knows what the letters R and X represent in organic compounds
- Interactive focuses on the essential functional groups that learners must know to quickly identify organic compounds
- Time limits encourage pupils to work quickly to recognize the functional groups