This Futurism and Constructivism: Crash Course Theater #39 video also includes:
Politics and theater go hand-in-hand. The 39th video in the Crash Course Theater and Drama series introduces plays from the futurist and constructivist movements, including works from an Italian fascist. A summary of "The Storming of the Winter Palace" also appears.
- Challenge learners to use Martinetti's style to condense classic plays into shorter playlets
- Ask class members to craft a short play that comment on a current political situation
- Focuses mainly on Italian and Russian theater
- Brings in humor and absurd facts to help increase engagement
- Makes a connection to world history