This Gas Pressure in a Syringe interactive also includes:
Plunge into a gas pressure activity! Junior physical scientists manipulate a syringe to study the particle model of gases. The interactive invites investigations of particle movements in capped versus uncapped syringes.
3 Views 1 Download
- Break out some inexpensive syringes and let students conduct similar trials before using the simulation
- Ask pupils to describe why the plunger is pulled back into the capped syringe when they let go of it
- Discuss the properties of gases and gas particles to be sure pupils understand them before launching the interactive
- A bright yellow arrow helps learners keep track of the direction of movement of the plunger
- Options abound with a variety of user-controlled settings