This Genetics in Harry Potter’s World Lesson 1 presentation also includes:
By the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, we know Harry and Ginny get married, but what will their kids look like? This presentation introduces viewers to Punnett Squares and how to use them to determine both dominant and recessive genes.
- Print the worksheets so class members can work along and take notes during the presentation
- Have learners complete the same activities using Ron and Hermione as models
- Fts well at the beginning of a unit on genetics
- Assumes knowledge of all Harry Potter books/movies
- The second in a series of three presentations.
- High interest link to Harry Potter movies
- Guided practice is included during the presentation
- Punnett square is misspelled on some slides