This Geography of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. worksheet also includes:
Young geographers follow Dr. Martin Luther King's journey during the civil rights movement by identifying major events on a map of the eastern United States, such as his birth in Atlanta, Georgia and his famous "I Have a Dream" speech in Washington, DC.
- Follow up this worksheet with some additional critical thinking questions to support learners' map work (e.g. Why do you think most of the events took place in Alabama? What was happening on the West Coast during this time?)
- Consider the tools you would like pupils to use when identifying the cities, such as an atlas, textbook map, or online mapping service
- Pupils should have background knowledge of King's life and contributions prior to beginning this worksheet
- Great cross-curricular activity
- Highlights six major events related to Martin Luther King's life
- No answer key included