This Geometry: Transformations, Congruence, and Similarity handout & reference also includes:
Rigid motions are to congruence as what are to similarity? Investigate properties of rigid motions and define congruence in terms of rigid motions with the ninth chapter of a 10-part eighth grade workbook series. The lesson then prompts learners to investigate dilations and to define similarity in terms of similarity transformations.
- Use the resource to plan a unit on congruence and similarity transformations
- Have learners create charts to keep track of properties for each transformation
- Learners should already be familiar with coordinate points, writing equations of lines, and dilations
- Graphs are well drawn and look professional
- Learners investigate properties of transformations rather than simply hear them from the teacher
- Unlike other chapters in the series, the table of contents does not include links to directly access lessons