This George Moses Horton: Crafting Virtual Freedom Through Poetry lesson plan also includes:
- Teacher Tool 1
- Teacher Tool 2: An Overview of Virtual Freedom
- Teacher Tool 3: Enslaved Entrepeneurship
- Teacher Tool 4: Support for PDF Slide Show
- Teacher Tool 5: Discussion "The Slave's Complaint"
- Teacher Tool 6: Discussion "For the Fair Miss M. M. McLean"
- Student Handout 1: Analyzing "The Slave's Complaint"
- Student Handout 2: Analyzing "For the Fair Miss M. M. McLean"
- PDF Slide Show
- The Crafting Freedom Materials Project
- Additional Resources (Selected Books, Articles, and Websites)
- Join to access all included materials
What is "virtual freedom"? How about "enslaved entrepreneurship"? Class members will learn about these terms and much more as they read the poems and examine the life of George Moses Horton.
13 Views 7 Downloads
- Collect other resources from this site and ask groups to investigate the lives of these extraordinary people
- Preview the video to determine whether it is appropriate for your learning situation
- The details of Horton's life will challenge the assumptions many have formed about slaves and slave times
- The resource includes all the materials needed for the lessons