Have you ever wondered about the man behind the corncob pipe? Or the brains behind the motivational speeches to troops? Young historians examine how Douglas MacArthur and George Patton cut their teeth in the battlefields of World War I. Learners also get a teaser for the role these men played in World War II.
- Show as part of discussion of various topics related to World War I, such as battlefield technology
- Strong language in form of quotes
- Requires background knowledge to understand content, such as how and why the United States entered World War I and/or the discussion among Allied forces about the American role
- Part of Who Did What in World War I series of video biographies
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Intriguing images and footage of the Great War
- Discusses other themes of World War I, such as strategy and technology