This Get it Write lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
In an effort to practice engineering design, STEM classes break out into teams and endeavor to make a working ink pen. To prepare, they read about writing implements through history, patents, and viscosity of liquids. Armed with this information, they make their plans. A worksheet with seven reflection questions is provided for processing. This would be a fun challenge for junior high engineers.
- Reading material lends itself to Common Core State Standards in informational text and scientific literacy
- Engineering principles meet Next Generation Science Standards
- An engaging challenge that results in a practical, everyday-use product
- Resource is well organized and provides extension ideas