This Governance, Corruption and Conflict Simulation on Nepal activity also includes:
Can your class help the people of Nepal? Scholars take an in-depth look into the social injustices and struggling economy of a country in turmoil during a multi-day role-playing exercise. After reviewing information on the problems within the Nepalese government, groups take on the challenge of helping establish fair and equal treatment for lower class citizens and many other issues.
- Make the activity a culminating project for an advanced government class
- Review the Quick Facts section as a class, then break students into groups to begin working on their roles in the simulation
- Due to the nature of the activity, discuss its contents with an administrator before beginning
- Make sure to allow for adequate space and time to conduct the simulation
- The resource is very detailed and authentic in its presentation of the content
- Simulation gives learners hands-on experience with negotiation, planning, and preparation