This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 2, Lesson 7 handout & reference also includes:
As a mid-unit assessment of a series of lessons that use Ethan Canin’s short story “The Palace Thief” as an anchor text, writers craft an in-class essay in which they discuss how Hundert's character has developed over the course of the text.
14 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Quickly review the rubric that will be used to evaluate the essay
- The seventh in an 13-lesson unit that uses Ethan Canin’s short story “The Palace Thief” as an anchor text
- The lesson presumes class members have experience crafting in-class, expository essays
- Writers are encouraged to use the evidence collected on their worksheets to provide support for their essay claims
- The 15-page packet includes the plan, the prompt, model essays, the rubric, and a homework assignment