This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 12 lesson plan also includes:
Relationships between characters generate energy that propels the plot and connects events with a central idea. Track character development and important relationships with a literary analysis lesson focused on an excerpt of H.G. Bissinger's Friday Night Lights. As high schoolers read through the dramatic turns of the selected chapter, they track the central idea and write about its development through Don and Charlie's relationship.
- Use during football season at your school to engage learners
- Show parts of the movie or TV show as they become relevant to the excerpts you are teaching
- Contains the Photo Activity Tool and a model version of the Central Idea Tracking Tool; locate the other resources in previous lessons
- The twelfth lesson in a 14-part series; only the final five lessons refer to the selected text
- Emphasizes close reading and the importance of text structure
- Appeals to avid readers and football lovers alike