This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 9 lesson plan also includes:
Having preparing for an analysis essay about one of the characters from The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, tenth graders demonstrate their understanding in a mid-unit assessment. They focus on either Jing-Mei or Waverly in an informative writing assignment that focuses on the central ideas from the text. Additionally, learners begin reading an excerpt from H.G. Bissinger's Friday Night Lights.
- Allow learners to write a draft of the essay in class before submitting a final assessment
- Set up peer editing groups with the attached checklist
- Designed as an assessment for the first eight lessons in a series of 14
- Provides a writing analysis rubric as well as an editing checklist
- Includes an activity tool for the preface of the reading passage
- Connects the concepts from the previous lessons and assessment to the next reading assignment