This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 11 lesson plan also includes:
Choose your words carefully. Martin Luther King Jr. carefully chooses his words to provide evidence to support his claim about segregation. Scholars work in pairs to discuss previous lessons, complete homework assignments, determine his purpose in paragraphs 22-25 of "Letter from Birmingham Jail," and respond to a quick and brief writing prompt.
- Incorporate with history standards segregation
- Number 11 of 20 in the series
- Requires teachers to implement the lessons in order
- Lists vocabulary words to teach with the lesson
- Offers a rubric for scoring