This Grade 12 ELA Module 1, Unit 2, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
The fourth lesson in this narrative writing unit focuses on how Leslie Marmon Silko uses telling details and sensory language in her "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" to bring alive the people of Laguna Pueblo, and how their views on gender identity and femininity were changed by the arrival of Christian missionaries.
- Model for class members, or provide models of how the techniques Silko employs may be used in their college application narrative
- The fourth in a six-lesson narrative writing unit that uses Leslie Marmon Silko's "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" as an anchor text
- The writing strand in the unit focuses on techniques class members can employ as they develop their personal narrative for the Common Application prompt
- The 15-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions with model responses, worksheets, and a homework assignment
- Common Core designed
- Some class members may need additional support to apply the principles of the day's lesson to their personal narrative