This Grade 12 ELA Module 1, Unit 3, Lesson 1 lesson plan also includes:
In this first lesson of the unit, class members continue to work on their draft of a narrative essay response to a prompt found on the college Common Application.
1 Collection 16 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Provide groups with model college application narratives, and ask them to highlight and identify the various techniques the writers employ
- The seven-lesson unit builds on two previous ones that introduced the college essay assignment and used The Autobiography of Malcolm X and "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" as models of narrative writing
- In addition to working on their college application essays, individuals begin reading their Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) text
- The nine-page packet includes the plan, discussion questions with model responses, and a homework assignment
- No list of suggested titles for the Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) texts is provided