This Grade 9 ELA Module 1, Unit 2, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
Guided by the provided questions, readers of David Mitchell's "Hangman" examine the figurative language the author uses to develop the constant struggle in the relationship between Jason and Hangman.
1 Collection 11 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- To model Jason's plan ahead process, provide pairs with reading passages and ask them to substitute words similar in meaning with key words in the sentences
- The sixth in an 11-lesson unit that uses David Mitchell's Black Swan Green as an anchor text
- All the lessons in the three-unit module follow the same format
- The nine-page resource includes an overview, the plan, an assignment linking the independent reading (AIR) with the concepts included in the lesson, discussion questions and possible responses, and a writing prompt
- Some class members may need additional support to maintain focus on the out-of-class Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment