This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 1 lesson plan also includes:
Delve into the heart of dramatic dialogue with a unit focused on Oedipus the King by Sophocles. Having completed an online exploration about ancient Greece beforehand, ninth graders read the opening lines of the play and analyze how Sophocles' structural choices develop tension in the play.
- Provide a list of applicable texts for learners to select as their independent reading books
- Display the graphic organizer onto a whiteboard to model close reading and annotation
- Provides the model version of the web exploration handout; the blank version is available in the final lesson of the previous unit in the module, but not in this resource
- The first lesson of a 20-part series
- Provides a full 91-page version of the play
- Connects Sophocles's structural choices to those made by Edgar Allan Poe and Emily Dickinson in previous unit