This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 11 lesson plan also includes:
Close readers and forensic detectives alike deal with collecting strong evidence. Ninth graders become both with a lesson about Sophocles' Oedipus the King, in which they find connections between Oedipus' stated words and the truth of his actions. Using an annotation tool, they analyze Oedipus' story about a mysterious murder on the road and answer a series of questions to prepare for a mid-unit assessment.
- Project the assessment tool onto the whiteboard to model paraphrasing skills
- Assign pairs to work through the brainstorming process
- Requires the checklist and rubric that are available in previous lessons
- The 11th lesson of a 20-part unit
- Promotes critical thinking skills and connection between actions and ideas
- A good preparation for the upcoming assessment